Application for unemployment compensation

Unlike the RAVs, which are run by the canton, with unemployment funds you can choose freely between public cantonal funds and funds of employers’ organizations or trade unions. The benefits of unemployment funds are uniform and subject to Federal law.

Once you have decided on an unemployment fund during the first appointment at the RAV, you can there apply for payment of your unemployment compensation. In order to clarify your entitlement, you will be required to fill in and submit the application form to the unemployment fund in person. The unemployment fund will then give you employers’ statement forms which you must ask your last employers to complete.